American billionaires have made an average of $42 billion a week throughout the pandemic
- The collective fortunes of American billionaires grew an average of $42 billion during each week of the coronavirus pandemic , a new analysis by the Americans for Tax Fairness and the Institute for Policy Studies found.
- During the coronavirus crisis so far, which the think tank classifies as starting on March 18, billionaires’ fortunes grew by more than $700 billion.
- Despite the pandemic’s widespread financial fallout, the fortunes of many ultrawealthy people have continued to grow even as an unprecedented number of Americans filed for unemployment .
- Tech billionaires such as Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and Zoom’s Eric Yuan profited the most, according to research firm Wealth-X’s Billionaire Census .
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
Read More On The Insider